VAPORS LOUNGE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VAPORS LOUNGE
VAPORS LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Keywords

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» VapeMania's Weekly Promotions
my journey EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 am by AlexVM

» BLU PRO KIT AT £13.99 FREE SHIPPING UK
my journey EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:16 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS
my journey EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:11 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS AT £35.99 FREE SHIPPING
my journey EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:09 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS
my journey EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:08 pm by ecigstore

Top posters
Admin (139)
my journey I_vote_lcapmy journey I_voting_barmy journey I_vote_rcap 
Stoggy24 (76)
VapingMandycat (74)
Bogdano (49)
bushmasterar15 (28)
ecigstore (27)
sabyrock (26)
ConnieKaye (23)
VapingXtreme (23)
silentoZ (16)

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

FB VAPORS LOUNGE
VAPORS LOUNGE
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VAPORSLOUNGE/
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm

my journey

3 posters

Go down

my journey Empty my journey

Post  VapingMandycat Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm

It has been a 14mths since i quit smoking with the help of Electronic Cigarettes.

I grew up in a household with two parents who smoked. My mother smoked two packs of Winston's a day and my father smoked Cigars and pipe tobacco for years. When i was in middle school performing my physical education requirements to run around the school track i found myself short of breath and unable to achieve the goal of running the track in 3 min.

I was checked out by my pediatrician then who diagnosed me with asthma. Usually i would only have attacks by physical exertion.

Later in life as a teen i of coarse tried one of my mothers cigarettes because other kids my age were using cigarettes, i think it was the cool factor and if mom and dad do it , then it must be safe. I was 15yrs old when i picked up my first cigarette, then i enjoyed the factor of hiding behind the local taco house at lunch time smoking with my friends.

during this time there were not alot of advocates against smoking and there were still cigarette commercials on TV, and tobacco ad billboards posted like cool camel Joe, the Marlboro man.

As i aged and continued to smoke i noticed i started wheezing more and more after doing certain activities. I knew deep down it was from smoking but ignored it because i was hooked and needed my nicotine.

I then lost my mother to lung cancer, she was 63 years old. The call i received on mothers day that she had passed was devastating to me and to this day hurts.

At age 30 and after her death i actually started smoking more to deal with the grief and stress of missing her. I went from one pack of Marlboro too two packs of Marlboro a day, on weekends i could get smoke three packs if i was out drinking with friends.

In late 2010 i started wheezing severely with the smallest activities , like sweeping the floor, or mopping the floor, climbing stairs, exercise.
It finally got to points where i had to use my children nebulizer to help me breath there times i felt my airways closing on me like i was suffocating.

I made a doctors appointment with a pulmonologist and a lung function test showed i was way below average. I heard the doctor dictate on the phone severe bronchitis and mild COPD. I was prescribed inhalers that cost about 100 bucks a month with insurance.

I still smoked cigarettes, tried quitting with welbutrin, took that for a few weeks and it didn't help me.

I knew if i didn't stop smoking i would end up killing myself, with two children age 4 and 6 left alone.

i frantically looked to the internet for things to help you quit and found articles about electronic cigarettes.

I decided to order a free trial kit and try it. I considered the ecig my last resort to quitting.

Within a week, i no longer wanted my cigarettes, the ecig was all i needed. On day 18 of non smoking for the first time in years i woke up without hacking up a lung. Tears filled my eye's.

Electronic cigarettes worked, and worked for my husband as well. I decided to get the word out. I couldn't believe that there were so many people who had not even heard of electronic cigarettes.

I started a group on Facebook called vapors lounge.
I added friends and family to start and tried providing education about ecigs. I started to find more and more ecig users across the internet and they also joined the lounge to help new people and inform...The lounge has grown in the past year, numerous Facebook vaping groups have spawned from the lounge and now Facebook has over 50 vaping groups reaching out across the world to ecig users and people looking for information about ecigs.

In short i became a activist for ecigs, continue to reach out to people and host shows about ecigs with the hopes of encouraging others to quit smoking.
VapingMandycat
VapingMandycat

vape star : 1

Back to top Go down

my journey Empty Re: my journey

Post  Vape~A~Licious Juice Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:30 am

amazing story Mandy!!!COPD at such a young age what a frightful thing!Thank you for all you do to educate and spread the word

Vape~A~Licious Juice

vape star : 2

http://www.vapealiciousjuice.com

Back to top Go down

my journey Empty Thank you Mandy

Post  SCS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 am

cheers Lead by example. And you certainly are a leader. I hope your story will inspire everyone to get the word out.
SCS
SCS

vape star : 4

Back to top Go down

my journey Empty Re: my journey

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum