VAPORS LOUNGE

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VAPORS LOUNGE
VAPORS LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Keywords

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» VapeMania's Weekly Promotions
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 am by AlexVM

» BLU PRO KIT AT £13.99 FREE SHIPPING UK
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:16 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:11 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS AT £35.99 FREE SHIPPING
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:09 pm by ecigstore

» EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF MODS
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:08 pm by ecigstore

Top posters
Admin (139)
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_vote_lcapMy history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_voting_barMy history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_vote_rcap 
Stoggy24 (76)
My history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_vote_lcapMy history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_voting_barMy history as a smoker by Steve Chase I_vote_rcap 
VapingMandycat (74)
Bogdano (49)
bushmasterar15 (28)
ecigstore (27)
sabyrock (26)
ConnieKaye (23)
VapingXtreme (23)
silentoZ (16)

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

FB VAPORS LOUNGE
VAPORS LOUNGE
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VAPORSLOUNGE/
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 181 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:47 pm

My history as a smoker by Steve Chase

2 posters

Go down

My history as a smoker by Steve Chase Empty My history as a smoker by Steve Chase

Post  SCS Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:29 am

My first attempt to quit smoking was in March 1971. I remember because it was my 21st birthday. I made it two weeks cold turkey. From that point on I would try to quit at least once a year even though the last attempt ended in failure. When the nicotine gum came on the market I tried that. Pills, same story. Patches, same story. On and on and on I would try anything. Nothing worked for me for more than a month. In 2000 I had a heart attack and was again forced to face the reality that my smoking had to stop. I left the hospital tobacco free. I was happy to be alive and since I was restricted from driving a car for six weeks I was able to put cigarettes out of my thoughts. That lasted three months until the day I had to take my wife to the emergency room and I smelled smoke coming from a cigarette in the parking lot of the hospital. A cigarette was just what I needed to relieve the stress. I bummed one cigarette that day and in no time I was back up to a pack a day. In 2006 I was diagnosed with COPD. Back to the gum and patches, etc. Same old story nothing worked long term because the least amount of stress would send me right back to a cigarette. It was such an easy fix and as close as a 7-11. If a heart attack and COPD would not scare me into quitting I don’t know what could.

Because of cigarettes I now have a fleet of doctors. All of them were telling me what I already knew, QUIT SMOKING. Since I tried every prescription and method they prescribed and had no success I was on my last legs and resigned to the fact that I was facing a miserable existence for the rest of my life.

That was my life before April 2010. After forty years of trying I did find a way to quit smoking for good. I found out about Electronic Cigarettes and vapor. I did my research and concluded that at that point in my life I had nothing to lose so why not give it a try. Bingo! It worked for me because I was getting the same sensation of a “smoking” inhale and that is what it really took to get me off the cigarettes for good. For me it has been a miracle. ALL of my doctors are very supportive and the medical tests I have undergone since I started using an e-cig are showing remarkable results. For the past year and a half my BP has been a steady 110/90 give or take 5points. My lungs no longer feel ‘heavy’ with congestion and my pulmonologist is very pleased with my progress. My breath tests have gotten better and I have more stamina than I have had for decades.

Best of all I have a new outlook on life and I will be forever grateful to Hon Lik for this invention and all my friends in the vaping community for all of their help and support.
SCS
SCS

vape star : 4

Back to top Go down

My history as a smoker by Steve Chase Empty Re: My history as a smoker by Steve Chase

Post  VapingMandycat Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank you Steve for sharing your story here at the lounge forum, truly inspirational, and yes thank you Hon Lik for such a great invention
VapingMandycat
VapingMandycat

vape star : 1

Back to top Go down